Enchanting the Beast by Kathryne Kennedy




I can't help thinking I would have enjoyed Enchanting the Beast by Kathryne Kennedy more if I had read the first two installments in the Relics of Merlin series. Instead, I felt a little lost about the world created by Kennedy, one where shapeshifters aren't susceptible to magic, the aristocracy looks down on shapeshifters, and so on.


Besides being a little lost, I did enjoy the development of the relationship between Lady Philomena Radcliffe, a forty-year-old woman who can see ghosts, and Baronet Nicodemus Wulfson, a twenty-seven-year-old werewolf who isn't quite buying into Phil's ability to communicate with ghosts.


Women around Grimspell, Nico's family castle are being killed, including Nico's fiancee, years earlier. Is he the culprit, or is another werewolf the murderer? And who's harming Nico's brother, Royden, the person Nico brings Phil to Grimspell to help? Are the happenings connected?


The chemistry between Phil and Nico is real and fun to read, and the mysteries are interesting, so I imagine I'll track down the other Relics of Merlin books at some point.


My overall personal rating of Enchanting the Beast is a B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!