The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by William Paul Young


[The information following the synopsis from Barnes & Noble.com is a review from my mom. I haven't actually read The Shack yet.]

From Barnes & Noble: "Mackenzie Allen Philips’ youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation, and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever."

From Mom: "I didn't read the back of the book before I started reading the story, and I thought at first that this was based on a true story. It's not. He had some interesting points, like saying that God never intended for us to actually keep the Ten Commandments. There should be no shame and guilt. (Comment from me: Would there be any organized religions without shame and guilt?) Instead of holding grudges, you should forgive the other person, opening God to then work with him/her. My take-away from the The Shack is that life should be based on living with joy and forgiveness."

I have to admit that Mom's comments made me decide to read the book, not the synopsis or the popularity of The Shack. I'll do a review of my own in the future.

Comments

It's an amazing reading the shack of william p young. God will speak to you through Paul.
Angie said…
Thanks for the review. I've already got this book I'm my to-read list, because someone recommended it to me, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!