Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey was an impulse buy for me. I almost didn't pick up the book because, for whatever reason, the title made me think of the humorous vampire novels, which I don't generally enjoy. Fortunately for me, I bought the book, which I enjoyed, and this isn't one of those funny books.

Jessica Packwood living as a normal American high school senior with her adopted parents when she learns that the new exchange student from Romania, Lucius Vladescu, is a vampire prince that she, a vampire princess, was pledged to wed at birth. Jessica, as the last pureblood vampire in her line, is expected to return to rule her people and combine her clan with Lucius' clan through their marriage. Combine Jessica's natural confusion and concern with Lucius' first opportunity at a "regular" life and the ups-and-downs of high school, and you have a lot of drama.

My favorite parts of the book were the letters that Lucius sent to his uncle, the head of his clan, providing insight into what was happening from Lucius' perspective.

I did feel the ending was a bit rushed, and I thought a little less time could have been spent on the girl Lucius decided to date.

My overall personal rating of Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side is a B.

Comments

jessecreations said…
Sounds like a catchy title, if nothing else. :) Is it part of a series, or a stand-alone novel?

Jess
http://jessecreations.wordpress.com

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures