Captive by Leda Swann


Captive by Leda Swann is the story of Louisa Clemens, English nanny living in 1876 Italy, and Khair Bey, Moroccan carpet dealer. Originally interested only in an affair with Louisa, Khair soon decides to take her home with him.

I think my age is showing because I'm not sure, in Louisa's place, that I could have so easily forgiven the lengths to which Khair goes to bring her to Morocco after she refuses to marry him and move there voluntarily. Fortunately, Louisa is later able to obtain the opportunity to make her own decision regarding her future.

Overall, there was good chemistry between the characters, and I enjoyed the story and the settings of Italy and Morocco.

WARNING: There are some graphic descriptions of sex in this one.

My overall personal opinion of Captive is a B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures