My Year of Reading Dangerously, 2009

I'm joining my first reading challenge!

The goal is as follows:

"Your job: Read 12 books you deem "dangerous." between January 1st and December 31st 2009. They may be banned or challenged books, new-to-you genres, books that seem to inhabit a permanent space on your stacks, or authors you're afraid of. The possibilities are endless! If it's dangerous to you, it's challenge-worthy to us!"

http://dangerouslychallenge.blogspot.com/

I'm very into banned/challenged books because what's librarianship without supporting the Bill of Rights, freedom of speech, and so on? I'll probably choose twelve entries from the ALA list of most frequently challenged books. I'll let you know as I post reviews that the book is part of this challenge.

I may need to find another challenge or two to join because this is fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures